- (UPDATE 23/FEB/2023) Now meeting at ''Perla Negra'' Dock at 8:00 am in Isla Mujeres
Important to know before booking:
- Whale sharks are best seen as massive congregations in July and August, those months hold the highest record of 400 whale sharks seen from a research aircraft; that time also coincides with the best time for snorkeling at Isla Mujeres as the weather is usually excellent, nice and hot with stunning sunsets to enjoy at the end of the day.
also is possible to see them in May and June with 75% chances to see them
- Government regulations allows each person to swim 2 times for approximately 10 min depending on the whale sharks behavior and only 2 people will be allowed to swim with the sharks at a time; depending on their behavior, quantity and marine park regulation taking place more or less people can be allowed to swim.
- The minimum group size required to operate the tour is 5 people, in the event that we don't complete the group the departure will be canceled and we will help you find another group with another recommended whale shark tour operator.
- There is a 99% success rate on our records to swim with whale sharks from July to August and chances decrease to 75% in June when they are just arriving and in September as sharks begin slowly to migrate far out to other feeding locations in the golf of Mexico.
- If the Coast Guard calls a small craft advisory usually at 14 knot winds we will not departure. In this case, we will give a call or e-mail to all our customers providing a re-schedule opportunity or full refund in the case that you can’t make it for another date.
- 11 to 14 knots winds are not recommended for people who might be prone to seasickness
***Check weather forecast below for last minute bookings***
- Not recommended for people with severe physical or motor disabilities, heart problems, pregnant women and people under the influence of alcohol or any drug.
- Min. age to join the whale shark encounter group is 12 years old unless you believe they will be fine on the boat handling nausea
- Life vests are mandatory, Coast guards will enforce them while in the whale shark protected area and we are no longer allowed this season to use neoprene as buoyant even if you carry a skin diver, free diver or scuba diver license
- The system automatically blocks next day reservations, for last minute reservations please CALL or Whats app: +52 998 493 93 90 to confirm availability 24/7
IMPORTANT: We can’t guarantee swimming with the Whale Sharks, bad weather conditions and unknown precise feeding patterns lowers our chances to spot them, although we have 99 percent success rate from July to August as massive congregations of whale sharks wander around the same area everyday we cant unfortunately guarantee a whale shark sighting and so there are no refunds in the event that the whale sharks don't show however we will do everything we can to find them.
-Your participation in this activity is entirely at your own risk, please adhere to safe snorkeling and scuba practices within the limits of your certification level.